Friday, September 3, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


My answers to WifeOfASailor

This Week:
1. What is a weird/funny superstition that you have? (from A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench)
    • I don’t like stepping on cracks. There’s always that little kids saying, “step on a crack, break your momma’s back.” Not that I avoid them at all costs, but ya know, I always step over them. I also like to eat candy and small treats in pairs. If they are m&ms or skittles or something colored I try to eat them in matching color pairs.
2. What are your hopes and dreams for the years AFTER the military? After all, we aren’t in it forever! (from Stetsons, Spurs and Stilettos)
    • We would like to settle down somewhere, put down roots. Finish raising our kids. Buy or build a house and enjoy life. Hubby wants to raise puppies, but I'm not so sure about that. I’d love to get back into the theatre (that was my major before moving overseas) preferably directing. Of course traveling will also be in there somewhere.
3. Since [this] month is National Apple Month (no really!), I’d probably ask: What is your yummiest apple recipe? (from NH Girl Displaced)
    • Hmmm... apple cobbler. Sadly, I can’t find my recipe. Tells you how long it’s been since I made any, ha! Good thing I’m going home next week and can raid my mom’s recipe books!
4. How long have you gone as a military spouse without talking to your husband/wife during service? (from A Navy Princess and Her Little Sailors)
    • It was actually during Hurricane Katrina when hubby was at training in Biloxi. We went about 2 days without contact. In the grand scheme of things it isn’t that long... we haven’t had a deployment to deal with yet.
5. I occasionally watch When I was 17… on MTV. So, what was something that was significant about your 17th year of life? (from Ashley Amazing)
    • Oh, I graduated High School. Probably the biggest. That was actually one of the funnest years of my life with school and my friends. I was jazz choir & choir president, one of the main editors to the yearbook, sergeant in the colorguard and extremely active in the theatre. I wasn’t a nerd or anything but I was always busy and had amazing friends. Also, I was accepted to both my top choices for college and had to choose between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment